Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Recap for Day #2 - Tuesday

The last half of today was awesome!!!  The girls got to have some private coaching time with our UCA "Big Sis" (her name is Layne :)).  She is absolutely precious and has been such an encouragement to our girls.  I will get her picture with the girls tomorrow and post so you can see her.  After this coaching time, we went to dinner and prepared for our evaluation tonight.  Here we all are walking over to the REC center for evaluations.





The girls were pumped and ready to perform the cheer they learned the first day.  They were asked to incorporate a stunt, poms, signs, or tumbling into this cheer.  





The girls did a great job on this cheer; and they incorporated both poms and a stunt in the performance.


The girls received a "red" - "EXCELLENT" ribbon for their performance.  They did a great job, but still have some little things that we can work on to make it awesome!!!!  They were a little disappointed that they did not get a "blue" - "SUPERIOR" ribbon.  However, I am really glad that they now feel challenged to work just a little harder, and perform their absolute best!!!!  A great learning experience for all of us :)!!




After a loooooong day, the last event of the night was awarding spirit sticks.  Once again...we were awarded a spirit stick for the day.  Also...once again, Hollyn took home a spirit stick for being such an AWESOME mascot!!!  I am so proud of all the girls!!  I know that tomorrow will be another great day!!




Lastly...I have to share what my favorite part of the day was.  For me, it is the time, right before bed when I get to sit down with the girls and have devotion time.  I treasure this time with them and know that it is helping to make our squad so much stronger.


I hope you are all having a great week!!  I will try to steal some time away at lunch tomorrow to give you an update!!

No comments:

Post a Comment